Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Changes, Updates, Improvements

Ryan and I met today to work out some kinks with the site.  One thing that has been bothering both of us since the beginning is the page interface.  We decided to scrap the main page and create individual pages for each unit.  This will hopefully solve the issue we were having with the amount of material appearing overwhelming.  We will break materials down by unit and create a page for each topic including discussion forums and whiteboarding questions.  


This endeavor is proving to be more work than I anticipated.  I wish things were moving more quickly, but I would rather things be done right than done fast.  Our goal is to have one unit completed before the June modeling workshop.  


Improvements made May 15, 2012:

  • Decision to move curriculum materials to individual unit pages
  • Creation of teachertube.com account to house videos of demos
  • Sharing NHS whiteboarding document
Ideas to consider 

  • Taking the community to a social network - eventually
  • ChemClub members creating the films of demos to house on teachertube
  • Creating an entire page devoted to integrating technology in the curriculum
  • Exploring mybrainshark.com as a podcasting tool

No comments:

Post a Comment